Kew Pagoda Original Painting
Original acrylic painting on unstretched canvas of the Great Pagoda at Kew Gardens in London.
Completed in 1762, the ten-storey structure is almost 50m high and each level is 30cm narrower than the one below. Designed by Sir William Chambers, it was a gift for Princess Augusta, the founder of the botanic gardens at Kew. It offered one of the earliest bird's eye views of London and is still visible for miles around.
Unframed: 150 x 200 x 1 mm